Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thanks So Much

Thanks so much to all of my trainees for the nice trophy and the card! I really don't expect gifts and actually my greatest gift is that all of you run your marathon and finish to your time goal or at least finish feeling satisfied you have completed your journey!

The trophy is the largest I have ever been afforded and oh so nice to not have to run to the point of "puke my guts out" intensity to get one. Better yet that the nameplate is to a "coach" and the finale on top is a runner that has oh so good form, and not a figure with a pot-belly and holding a clipboard and whistle! I coached and I ran the same as you did!

The card is oh-so sweet and all the inscriptions are something I will cherish as long as I live. I saved the card from last year and sometimes those words give me inspiration to be my best whether it be coaching or running my own game. I appreciate the monetary gift and it will come in handy at a time when money is tight. Still waiting to get paid for my work doing that rattlesnake survey in Ann Arbor, MI last May and early June.

Once again, thanks to all of you for your gracious gift to me tonight at Pier 1. Just as gratifying, maybe even more, as running my fastest marathon at Boston last April!

Make sure you check this site Saturday evening because I will likely make a few additional posts. First will be my interpretation of the weather on an hourly basis and I will include some elements to keep close tabs on. Anything I say will be exactly what I intend to do on race day.

Additional post may be more rambling expose and just whatever I think might add some inspiration to your upcoming marathon effort.

Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment