Thursday, October 13, 2011

Been pretty busy in aftermath of Chicago Marathon and haven't had time to check on how well you fared. I do know all finished, so that's good. It wasn't my day and I had strong suspicion that plantar fasciaitis and hamstring tendonitis would flare-up and bring me down.

And it did, bringing me to a walk by 15th mile. Contemplated dropping out at next aid station, but by the time I got closer to one another mile or so down, I decided to give up the run for time, but stick it out and finish it by running it easier and walking at times, mostly at the water stops. Made it to the finish line just under 4:27.

Here's something a run-friend forwarded to me - a rap song someone created for the 10-10-10 Chicago Marathon OK, this was the 10-09-11 marathon, but the lyrics still apply. Enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6htcIZsRO0

No comments:

Post a Comment